COD 4

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bluft

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:06 am

nah played the demo for pc, thought it was worse. i just find it boring, theres no fun. its too serious.

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:09 am

aND ITS NOT WW2. thats why it fails.

other then that i think it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bluft

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:20 am

spot on

Staff
Staff

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:36 am

so the final verdict is AWESOME, coulda stuck with WW2. in my opinion, they dont have to do wat BF did and just kept moving along the time line, they can go bak if they want to.

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:22 am

lets hope so

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:25 pm

i think they were getting presured by others to make a game not about WW2, but thats what they do. i remember back in the year 2000 or so, when i first saw the awesome trailers on the TV for the consol versions, and i was stunned. Because they showed the russians charging the germans a Red Square, many people get chopped up, but you hid behind some cover and you start looking around and see a german nade and you jump away. it was AWESOME! they have been extremely successful in creating WW2 games, call of duty being one of the best series ever, far surpassing medal of honour, n my opinion the worst, except for the odd greats liike MOH Airborne. There are other great WW2 FPS's like Day of Defeat, Red Orchestra and in some cases the battlefield ones, but call of duty was, by far, the best SERIES for WW2.

But, as i have read and heard and seen many people (but definatly not me) seem to believe that there are too many world war 2 games, this is true in some instances, like medal of honour and call of duty and all the others, then there are all the other games that arent FPS's like COH and stuff like that.
All the critics sigh when they have to review ANOTHER WW2 game, and yes it would have to be like the 5th that month, but guess what. IT WORKS, better in some cases then others.
WW2 was a war were people worked in groups more then any other war, as the need for heavier weapons could not just be solved by switching the switch on you assault rifle from SF to RF, you had to have a Machine gunner or a support man with a BAR or such. This quality of "Team Work" is shown through many games, but none more so then a WW2 game as, IT REALLY HAPPENED LIKE THAT.

Plus, and probably the most important fact, games about war, or any media, make you appreciate the sacrifice givin by the men that fought these wars.

"War (OO AH) what is it good for?"

Computer Games My Good Friend, Computer Games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gen. Custard
Staff
Staff

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:31 am

this being true, but u cant tell me that teamwork has gone out the window and its who has the biggest guns.

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:37 am

no, its who has the nukes.

the problem with the recent games (COD4 etc), is that they are trying to predict a war. MDD is correct in saying that the teamwork needed in WW2 was one of the main factors in the outcome. WW1 was an unknown, there were no tactics, no teamwork, and the war actually fizzled out due to supply. WW2 had to be tactically correct. supply was once again a problem, which made the teamwork even more critical. in WW2 games (CODUO etc) this is brought to the forefront as you are meant to feel like you are teaming with mates, not just fellow soldiers. games based on history also allows for some fun to be put in, because the outcome is in the past. "future" war games cant involve the relaxed fun because they dont have an outcome as yet. that is why these types of games will always be too serious. it is a game after all.

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:12 pm

no i said teamwork was used MORE in WW2 then other wars, not excluding the factor of teamwork from other wars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gen. Custard
Staff
Staff

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:33 am

fair enough, wat blufty says is true, but that doesnt draw away from multiplayer, the teamwork i think is there just as much as in CoD:UO because the way they have the weapon system. do u want a team member to be a specialized sniper? or do u want your team not to really specialized just capable at any class for flexibility for different maps. Tgus us the way that it makes the clan or team to work together to create a fighting force.

Last edited by on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Modern Day Devil

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:46 am

but thats what made WW2 games so good. You didnt have that option.

and im not sure i understand ur post general
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COD 4   

Back to top Go down

COD 4
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public :: SAS Server/Vent topics.-
Jump to: